Friday 4 April 2014

Final Front Cover and Contents Page

I feel I made good progress on both of these areas due to learning more about layout, text and photography. Layout was a key part of this as my earlier pieces often had a lot of white, unused space. However, with these pieces I learned where to add more text to fill in spaces and to make pictures bigger and bolder to detract attention away from those empty areas.Additionally, the layout was something I had to work on as often my work was not balanced. I solved this by sticking to a strict column system in both pieces of work. In addition, I felt I have implemented a house style, something I struggled on before, by sticking to a colour scheme, using the same fonts and through small design details such as , including 'The Buzz, Weekly Edition, at the bottom of each inside page.Moreover, my skills in photography have improved through using a more appropriate model compared to my first photoshoot and directing the models in the best way to pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment